Preoperative Instructions for In Office Surgery
- Arrange transportation to and from the office.
- Please arrange child care if needed. HWCA employees will not be able to care for children.
- Alert your Physician if you have been prescribed any new medications prior to the procedure.
- Be sure that your physician is aware of any over the counter medications or supplements that you are taking.
Alert your Physician PRIOR to the date of surgery if you
are taking any blood thinners such as:
- Coumadin, Warfarin, Heparin, Lovenox, Enoxaprin, Pradaxa, Plavix, Dipyridamole, Ticlid
Do NOT take aspirin or aspirin containing products such as:
- Salicylic acid, BC powders, Aspirin, Ecotrin, Bayer, St. Joseph for two weeks prior to the procedure.
- You may take Tylenol during this time for minor pain.
- Alert your Physician if you think you may be pregnant.
- Do not have anything to eat or drink for 8 hours prior to your scheduled procedure.
- Wear loose fitting clothing. A top with a front closure is preferable.
- Please arrive at HWCA thirty minutes prior to the scheduled procedure.